We require your consent to collect your personal information about you. Please read this information carefully, and should you have any questions with regard to the policy documented below, please do not hesitate to ask one of our reception staff.
This medical practice collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
This means we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance procedure.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors, specialists outside this medical practice and allied health professionals. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
- For follow up Reminder/ Recall processes
- For National/State registers and reminder systems (eg. Cervical screening & Immunisation Data)
- For disease notification as required by law (eg. Infectious diseases)
- For legal related disclosures as required by a court of law
(eg. subpoena, court order, suspected child abuse)
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED BY YOU THIS PRACTICE WILL ASSUME THAT:
- You have read the information above and understand the reasons why your information must be collected.
- You are aware that you are not obliged to provide information requested of you, but that your failure to do so might compromise the quality of the healthcare and treatment given to you.
- You are aware of your right to access the information collected about you, except in some circumstances where access might legitimately be withheld due to the confidentiality and privacy of others detailed in such information.
- You understand that if your information is to be used for any other purpose other than set out above, further consent will be obtained.
- You consent to the handling of your information by this practice for the purposes set out above, subject to any limitations on access or disclosure that I notify this practice of.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Practice Manager or complete a “Complaint Form”. If you have a complaint about your health service provider that can’t be resolved directly. You can contact the: HEALTH SERVICES COMMISSIONER on 1300 582 113
February 11, 2019